Tuesday, May 17, 2011

So a promotion has been had :-)

The great stress of my December 2010 to March 2011 was organising and writing my reclassification application to basically argue that my job was of a higher level that i was being paid at.

Thankfully, it was approved with no problem. Basically this involved a rewrite of my job description along with providing piles of voluminous documentation about my job and what i do and have done recently, so as to support the case that I was underpaid for the work I do and that my job description was outdated.

I guess since I work in the field of IT, web and online stuffs and my old job description was written in the late 1990's it was a bit of a easy case to argue. :-)

Nonetheless having the application approved quickly was a great relief and my new job title is now "Analyst/Web Architect" as opposed to the old one of "Multimedia Programmer".

A good thing this is.... however multimedia programmer sorta did just roll off the tongue a lot easier...

No comments:

Post a Comment